About Me

My photo
Portland, OR, United States
I am the one taking advantage of this site welcoming self expression. I am a mother, and hard worker, a lover, a daughter, a sister, an auntie,a domestic violence survivor, a black Queen, an angel and I am here to share with you my expessive writtings & a piece of my mind. Please enjoy it and Know I NEVER mean to offend. This is my heart, my feelings, my experiences, my life you are seeing when you read anything I write.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Parent


You don't have the time
You must work
You don't have the patience
You just got home
You don't have the drive
You feel I'll be here later
You don't have the motivation
I'm the one who keeps you tired
You don't have the money
Though I thought conversation was free
Your not in the mood for me
Yet you tell everyone I am your world
You have so much work to do
Yet none is on our relationship
You have an important meeting to attend
I ask again "what does our breakfast mean to you?"
You have love for your community
But do you have love for me?
You got a new promotion and now have a new position in life
I ask you " where do I stand?"
You say you now realize life responsibilities
But do you realize your still a parent?
Do you realize it's not too late?
Do you realize your a mother?
Do you realize your a father?
Do you realize your still needed?
Yes you realize what you want for you
But do you realize whats most important?
Do you realize its not you?

Tacarra


No comments:

Post a Comment